Friday, June 22, 2007

Who Am I?

Did you see Napolean Dynamite? I'm the loser that moved from Oklahoma to Provo High School who made up stories about past girlfriends and was never willing to get close to anyone except a kid who committed suicide after highschool graduationl. BTW, have you ever wondered what Napolean did after he graduated from High School, he joined the army and got married before his twentieth birthday and had three kids by the time he turned twenty-three. Oh yeah, I danced like a freak too, but never in an assembly. Yep, just like Napolean or that other dance-freak in Hitch. I'm tall with red hair that sometimes curls up. What does Napolean look like at thirty-nine? He's a fat dude with a beard, wears shorts a lot, vans without socks and prefers plain colored t-shirts or a cool MASH t-shirt picked up at Wal-Mart on clearance. Education? Sure. English creative writing/tech writing at UVSC, but it has taken twenty years to only get as far as my junior year because life occured in the form of my wife leaving in 2002 with the three kids we had to pursue a life with someone who wasn't a carreer telemarketer. It may be possible for my kids to graduate from college before I do. Once a looser, always a looser right. Right, but with qualifications. Some of my poetry has been published and my oldest has committed to go on an LDS mission after fall semester also at UVSC where he's on the dean's list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.